Wednesday, August 19, 2009

If anyone is still reading this...

I apologize for not posting for a while. Book 10 is proving very, very difficult book to write. Plus, there's been more than the usual amount of life-stuff going on... work, kids, finances... that's taken me off focus. But I am pouring myself back into the project, and have done some retooling.

The problem was trying to force the story around the Shakespeare plots, which wasn't working very well. I've now pushed most of the Shakespeare into the background... mostly... and restructured the book into more of Shakespeare sandwich. Chapters 1-3 establish the setting and launch the basic plot of the book. Chapters 4-9 are kind of 'stories within the story' with Shakespeare flavoring. Chapters 10 through 12 finish out the story with little reference to Shakespeare at all. Definitely more of a pirate flavor.

No comments: