Friday, January 2, 2009

Do you want it fast, or do you want it good?

I wanted to have Book 09 posted yesterday. The good news is, I finished writing it yesterday. I went to bed at 2:00 am New Year's Day thinking I was finished, woke up a few hours later and realized I still had three loose ends to tie up.
  • Eliza Change, Matt Driver, and Kyle Atlantic had to have a conversation at the end to book end their conversation at the beginning.
  • There were two new characters who had to have their fates settled.
So, instead of putting the book together New Year's Day, I spent New Year's Day writing about four new pages to wrap that stuff up, and then re-writing and cleaning up the last chapter (which also involved coming up with cat-like things to for Queequeg to say.) Also, designing cover art, (which looks really cool, IMHO).

So, today I am putting the book together. I am proofreading and editing as I go, and I find myself rewriting or correcting about one in every twelve sentences. So, I expect to finish this weekend, but I am disappointed in myself for not finishing it by the end of 2008.

No comments: